COPA Camps and Parties Senior Manager
COPA | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Who We Are
COPA Soccer Training Center (COPA STC) is a 110,000 sqft state-of-the-art soccer training and fitness facility in the Shadelands SportsMall in Walnut Creek, California. COPA STC utilizes the world’s most advanced training and assessment technology, leading sports science techniques, and proven training methodologies to develop an objective and quantitative approach to the assessment and development of athletes. Our elite level coaching staff leverages objective data to develop the technical, physical, and cognitive aspects of an athlete.
By bringing training and assessment technology exclusively used by the world’s top clubs and players to grassroots development, COPA STC strives to provide a fun, dynamic, and research-based environment for soccer players of all ages and abilities to develop and thrive as athletes and as human beings.
We are passionate about high-performance living and the future of soccer in the United States. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within themselves and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We aren’t just a company; we are a community that is committed to growth and success. We value humility and a team-centered approach to responsibilities at every level of the company. If you are a high-performing individual who is passionate about inspiring others, then consider COPA STC’s exciting career opportunities.
Job Overview / Position Description
COPA Soccer Training Center is currently seeking an energetic and friendly Camps/Party/Events Senior Manager. The Camps/Party/Events Senior Manager will serve as the primary contact for all events and camps, from youth to adults. This person will be responsible for managing a staff of camp coaches, party leaders, and assistant managers while ensuring the execution of each event/camp from start to finish – including staff scheduling, internal and external communication, reservations, sales, and coordinating preparations. The Camps/Party/Events Manager will also occasionally be responsible for large scale events being held at COPA STC. To be successful in this role, this person must have excellent communication skills, act as an effective leader, be extremely organized, and be invested in producing an exceptional camp/event experience.
Oversee all COPA Camps/Party/Event Operations including but not limited to the following:
- Ensure camp and party/event operating schedules, staff assignments, athlete assignments, and space utilization are 100% accurate for party and camp spaces. Clear and effective communication with operations team is required.
- Manage timely and helpful external communication with customers to schedule, coordinate and execute each event.
- Maintain all communication platforms with updates and pertinent information about all individual events.
- Effectively manage a team of party/camp coaches and support staff.
- Sales and Marketing – Create and execute a sales strategy. Fill a prospective party and event pipeline.
Weekly and Bi-Weekly
- Execute staff scheduling for team of part-time staff. Manage payroll, provide bi-weekly reports to the General Manager, and utilize reporting tools to assess dollar spend and adherence of staff to schedules. Ensure payroll budget is met.
- Maintain standards and quality control by regularly evaluating the offerings, staff and customer experience.
Monthly and Quarterly
- Produce a monthly report to the CFO containing specifics for each event hosted within the month for recording and tracking purposes.
- Manage payroll, expenses, and revenues to meet the financial goals of the program.
As Needed or Ongoing
- Process Creation: Develop processes for the full staffing cycle – Recruiting, Onboarding, Staff Training, Staff Retention.
- Standards and Quality Control: Regularly evaluate and improve the program, the athlete experience, the standards of coaching, the appropriate use of technology and adherence to set standards.
- Curriculum: Collaborate with the Technical Director to design, document, implement and advance an innovative, research proven, purposeful, and progressive curriculum within COPA STC’s available training spaces and technologies that align with the mission and methodology of COPA STC.
- Staffing: Execute the staffing processes - Recruit, hire, train, develop, and retain a team of high-quality party and camp coaches.
- Growth & Outreach Strategies: Lead and implement growth initiatives and marketing messaging with the Business Development team and the Productions team. Ensure projects are delivered on time and on-budget.
- Documentation: Record and document the necessary protocols and strategies needed for the program to operate.
- Teamwork: Assist in all other facets of the business as self-identified, as needed or instructed by the General Manager.
- A friendly, outgoing personality with the ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Excellent time management, leadership and organizational skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate while resolving guest concerns.
- The vision and capability to plan and execute party details that provide an outstanding guest experience.
- Effortlessly problem solve, adapt and makes decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Team focused leader who can pull a group together and funnel ambition towards impact.
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and working simultaneously on multiple projects in an ever advancing start up.
- Provide high attention to detail and organizational processes.
- 3+ years of experience in an event planning/coordinating role.
- 2+ years in managing and developing a team of direct reports.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to deliver well organized and thoughtful documentation as needed for program operations, curriculum, growth, staff development and job aides.
- Proven ability to implement the use of efficient and effective processes, protocols and software’s to enhance the business efficiencies.
- A natural problem-solving mindset and can-do attitude.
- A passion for soccer is a plus!
- Weekend hours required.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.