Multi-Family | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
We are a privately held, Real Estate investment, development, and property management firm located in well-appointed and easily accessible offices in downtown Walnut Creek. We operate a diversified portfolio of office buildings, multi-family apartments, retail shopping centers, industrial complexes, hotels, and others in nine states. We are looking for an experienced Community Manager for a multi-family apartment building in Walnut Creek. If you have onsite experience and know how to keep residents satisfied while optimizing revenue we encourage you to apply.
The Community Manager has the overall responsibility for the sales, occupancy, and management of the property and reports directly to the Portfolio Manager of Mutli-Family Properties. He or she must aggressively contribute to the profitability by developing and maintain beneficial business relationships including showing good leadership skills to onsite employees and being committed to customer satisfaction.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Keep the property leased at optimum levels by effectively utilizing advertising, promotional, and customer relation skills as approved by management.
- Know and present the features and benefits of the property at all times.
- Develop and maintain positive tenant relations by providing outstanding customer service including assessing and resolving any customer issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Meet revenue and cost projections.
- Manage operating cash flow in accordance with budget.
- Set and maintain onsite work schedules for maintenance staff.
- Coordinate and maintain contracts for any outside vendor work needed.
- Ensure routine monthly accounting is accurate and on time – including invoices, statements of deposits, staff payroll, and month end closing processes.
- Work with corporate resources as necessary to drive your operating plan -- including the Marketing department, to update your website, develop social media programs or execute other marketing programs to help with your leasing and tenant relations efforts.
- Work with your Portfolio Manager to resolve any complex property operational, compliance, legal or personnel-related issues.
- Perform regular unit and site inspections to assess physical property condition, compliance and overall staff administration to maintain a neat, clean, safe, and secure facility at all times.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an onsite resident manager, with interest in gaining more industry knowledge and increasing responsibility in a growing company.
- Must have advanced MS Excel, Word, and Outlook proficiency and ability to train others as needed.
- Familiarity with real estate management/accounting software, such as MRI.
- 3-5 years personnel management experience.
- Eager to grow a career in multi-family rental income management.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Speed, efficiency, the ability to multi-task multiple projects, and work under deadline.
- Must have an aptitude for economics and financial analysis.
Candidates may be required to undergo aptitude/skill tests and drug testing.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.