Business Development Representative (Part-time)
COPA | Walnut Creek, CA | Part Time
Who We Are
COPA: Comprehensive and Objective Performance Assessments. COPA Soccer Training Center (COPA STC) is a 110,000 sq ft state-of-the-art soccer training wonderland located at Shadelands SportsMall in Walnut Creek, California. COPA STC utilizes much of the world’s most advanced training and assessment technology, some of which we develop ourselves, and some of which we have exclusively licensed for use throughout North America. We employ leading sports science techniques and advanced training methodologies in our quantitative assessment-based approach to the development of athletes of all ages and skill levels. Our elite level coaching staff leverages objective data to develop the technical, physical, and cognitive skills of an athlete.
But it is not all just science and training workouts. COPA STC strives to provide a fun, dynamic, and supportive environment for both our employee team members, and our customers, to develop and thrive as athletes and as human beings. If you love the game and are having fun, the research shows your practice will be more effective at advancing your skills.
We are passionate about high-performance living and the future of soccer in the United States. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within themselves and all it takes to unleash it is the right setting and mindset. COPA is the setting. Our approach encourages the right mindset. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We aren’t just a company; we are a community that is committed to growth and success. We value humility and a team-centered approach to responsibilities at every level of the company. If you are a high-performing individual who is passionate about inspiring others, then consider COPA STC’s exciting career opportunities.
You will be the first point of contact for potential customers whether that is via phone, email, in person, or at community events - you set the tone and the bar for the level of excellence expected in all future interactions they will have with COPA Soccer Training Center. Facilitate and execute sales opportunities by managing sales relationships from start to finish. Conduct a mixture of phone calls and emails on a daily basis to contribute towards goals and growth. Lead prospective customers through their first interaction at COPA STC by telling our story in a personalized and thoughtful manner. Work with sales team to thoughtfully create and execute new outreach tactics to potential customers. Participate in weekly sales meetings and provide feedback to team to help contribute to growth of company. Enthusiastically approach every interaction with potential customers as an opportunity to build the COPA Soccer Training Center brand and Community.
Systematically target and convert prospects into COPA programs and memberships
- Exceed daily/weekly/monthly sales and growth objectives
- Execute and manage outbound sales contacts
- Manage incoming leads and meet conversion goals
- Maintain organized, concise, and effective tracking in line with COPA Business Development processes
- Represent COPA Soccer Training Center as a brand ambassador at off-site events such as Oakland Roots Games, NorCal Premier events, etc.
- Responsible for reporting directly to Business Development manager in weekly meetings
- Clear and well-rounded understanding of COPA STC Business Systems, objectives, long term vision, immediate goals and impacts, etc.
- Management and execution of full sales cycle
Our Business Development Team Enjoys:
- Fulfilling work that presents new challenges and exciting opportunities every day of the week
- Opportunities for growth both financially and professionally with a dynamic start-up business environment
- An innovative and fun work environment with a strong culture of integrity and excellence
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, must be able to effectively communicate with external and internal customers
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Previous Business to Customer sales experience preferred and/or experience in public speaking
- Comfortable learning and utilizing web software tools such as Monday.com, Box
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary plus a performance-based incentive bonus allowing for substantial expansion of total earnings for the high-performance individual.
- This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
- It is the policy of COPA Innovation Laboratories to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- COPA STC is a Division of COPA Innovation Laboratories, which is an affiliate of several other businesses owned or controlled by Northern California entrepreneur, Mark Hall. These businesses include a medium sized commercial real estate and development company, with interests in apartments, office, industrial, sports, life science, self-storage, and retail properties; a nationwide hotel company; a modular design, engineering, and construction business; and other lesser businesses. COPA STC is the ground floor initial prototype for a multi-unit sports and soccer-oriented business planned for expansion across multiple states. High performing individuals can grow their career with the company, and potentially earn unit level profit participation, and even shareholder ownership for those outstanding individuals who contribute in a material way to the growth of the enterprise. Come show your stuff and grow with COPA!