Assistant Property Manager - Retail Properties
Propety Management | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Hall Equities Group is a private, full-service real estate investment, development, and property management company representing the interests of select private investors and company-sponsored group investment entities. We organize and manage investment opportunities on behalf of our partners, their families, our shareholders and our key employees.
With over fifty years’ experience in the real estate industry, we have demonstrated proficiency across multiple property types including industrial, multi-family housing, retail shopping centers, branded and boutique hotels, office buildings, self-storage, subdivisions, and master planned communities.
We have over forty-five years of experience managing properties on behalf of both individual and institutional clients. We provide a broad scope of property management and consulting services to our clients with a personal approach to maximizing cash flow, long term equity growth, and the physical integrity and enhancement of the asset. Our philosophy of embracing each client’s specific real estate investment objectives and our depth and experience as owners gives a high level of satisfaction and peace of mind that we manage client property as if it were our own. We are an Accredited Management Organization with the Institute of Real Estate Management.
The Assistant Property Manager will support our Retail Portfolio Managers who are responsible for approximately 35 shopping centers, consisting of nearly two million RSF. The ideal candidate will understand the importance of strong customer service, be highly organized and have a high attention to detail. We provide a professional work environment with an upbeat and positive team of people focused on providing superior investment opportunities for private real estate investors.
- Report directly to and support two Retail Portfolio Managers.
- Post daily rent checks accurately and code daily invoices in accordance with individual property budgets.
- Work with Tenants who have credit or debit balances, in order to bring their accounts current, via phone calls, statements and emails.
- Field Tenant and Vendor phone calls.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed annual budgets and monthly financial statements.
- Assist with preparation and administration CAM reconciliations, billings, and rent adjustments.
- Familiarize yourself with leases, addendum's, OED’s and management agreements.
- Maintain electronic filing system for leases, tenant correspondence and vendor contracts.
- Prepare detailed cover letters summarizing the content of new lease agreements, addendum's and assignments.
- Perform property inspections.
- Verify Certificates of Insurance from tenants and vendors are updated and current.
- Scanning and Filing
- Be available to assist and provide backup to other portfolio managers in the Property Management Division, as well as project managers in the Development Division, as needed.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (“MUST HAVES”):
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and Word skills.
- Strong organizational skills and effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Speed, efficiency, the ability to multi-task multiple projects, and working under deadline.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS “NICE-TO-HAVES”:
- Familiarity with real estate management/accounting software, such as MRI or Yardi.
- Commercial Property Management Experience.
- CPM designation, ICSC coursework, College degree, or Real Estate License will all be viewed favorably.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401K, bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate.
Hall Equities Group offers a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401K, and bonuses. Principals only. Recruiters may not contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401(k), bonuses, health care, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.