Accounts Payable Specialist/Office Assistant
Accounting | Walnut Creek, CA | Full Time
Hall Equities Group is a privately held management firm located in well-appointed and easily accessible offices in downtown Walnut Creek. Our company is team-oriented and high energy. We have an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist / Office Assistant. This position is responsible for the processing of invoices and payments for a portfolio of properties under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer and daily administrative front office clerical task. This is a full-time position; M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. in the office.
Our organization consists of several management companies. Our property management company oversees a diversified portfolio of client-owned real estate properties, including holdings in the Retail, Multi-Family Residential, Office, and Industrial markets. Separately, we have a hospitality management company which operates a high-growth chain of hotels across the United States.
The AP Specialist/ Office Assistant will support a portfolio of assets including retail, office, and multi-family properties and also support the Construction Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will understand the importance of strong customer service, be highly organized and have a high attention to detail.
- 4+ years' prior experience in full-cycle Accounts Payable.
- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Assemble invoices to be completed for payment.
- Obtain proper information and data regarding invoice payments to include Certificate of Insurance and Preliminary Notices if applicable.
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory approval.
- Resolve account payable and receivable issues or queries.
- Perform reconciliations of Vendor’s Statements and provide payment status.
- Data entry of requisitions, purchase orders and other financial documentation for real estate projects
- Filing and basic office tasks
- Proactively interacting with clients and vendors
- Assist with financial reporting and bank reconciliation
- High volume data entry input of invoices and expense reports
- Generation of weekly checks for a portfolio of properties
- Resolution of any invoice or payment discrepancies
- Vendor communications on behalf of each property
- Verification of Federal ID numbers and 1099 reporting
- Filing of paid invoices and other accounting department documents
Accountant Requirements and Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or related.
- 2+ years’ experience in Accounting and Accounts Payable
- Experience with Yardi, MRI and CMIC a major plus!
- Experience with Microsoft Office with a focus in Excel.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Ability to work timely and diligently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Ability to conduct independent research and apply problem-solving skills to complete specials projects.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits, 401K, bonuses, etc., to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please send your resume and salary requirements.
This job description is not intended to be, and should not be, construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. management reserves the right to modify duties as deemed necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package to be tailored to the skills, experience, and contribution of the candidate. For immediate consideration, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Principals only, no phone calls please.
It is the policy of Hall Equities Group to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.