Operations | Long Island City, NY | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
Overview: Gwynnie Bee is looking for a technical designer that will have the ability to start the technical design and develop the technical components for product designed and developed by the Private Label Team.
- Protects brand integrity through fit continuity, upholding construction standards, sizing and styling consistency.
- Collaborate with business partners to gain clear direction and consensus of fit intent in order to establish the initial spec and construction detail
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Produce standard technical package for each style, containing detailed product specification instructions and detail construction for multiple production resources.
- Approve counter samples and pre-production samples.
- Manages the measuring and preparing of samples from development through production approval.
- Conduct fit evaluation sessions on live models to analyze balance and proportion of fit. Confirm compliance of garment to specifications and fit direction. Works closely with manager during and post fittings to continually improve skills.
- Documents the fit results, delivers clear communication thru comment / specs / diagrams / photos and review of block patterns. Direct and lead Fit sessions.
- Ensure the area’s pattern/block library is marked and maintained.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- College Degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Technical Design.
- Knowledge of PDM, Word, Excel and Illustrator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and ability to properly measure garments
- Ability to view and differentiate the color spectrum
Company Information: Gwynnie Bee is a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the retail space through a new subscription service for women’s clothing. Gwynnie Bee allows women to expand and extend their existing closets with new designers, prints, styles that they may have never tried before Gwynnie Bee. We aim to help women change their relationship to shopping and fashion by allowing them to experience Clothing without Commitment. We are headquartered in NYC, with offices in Palo Alto and New Delhi.