Seamstress and Alterations Specialist
Operations | Groveport, OH | Full Time
Gwynnie Bee is a fast-growing company headquartered in NYC, with offices in Mountain View and New Delhi. Gwynnie Bee is revolutionizing the retail space through a new subscription service for women’s clothing by applying technology and innovation in areas that few have ventured into.
Our team in Groveport, Ohio is looking to add talented individuals for our Seamstress/Alterations Team who will help cut, sew, trim and stitch various clothing fabrics.
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
- Cut, sew, trim and stitch various clothing fabrics
- Repair zippers, tears, and replace buttons
- Sew fabrics using industrial sewing machine or other stitching machines.
- Inspect finished product and do finishing touches.
- Hand stitch edges or linings when necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot to solve sewing dilemmas
- Ability to alter all types of clothing and fabric
- Iron fabrics when necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- One -Two years of experience in dry cleaning or alterations operations preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle cleaning chemical smell for a period of time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, time-management, and project management skills
- Quick problem-solving ability
- This job may entail hot indoor air temperatures, noisy conditions, standing for long periods of time and lifting garments and supplies
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment. Working environments, include but are not limited to warehouse, climate controlled office and a variety of work environments.
- May be required to lift, carry, push, and pull items weighting up to 50 pounds. A full range of body motion it required on the job to include frequent sitting, bending, stooping, crouching, lifting, carrying, grasping, pinching, feeling, walking, standing, climbing, driving, pushing/pulling, handling, balancing, reaching on all planes.