Operations | Long Island City, NY | Contract
The Sample Maker is responsible for manufacturing prototype and production samples per the pattern and design card specifications and will report into the Director of Buying. The Sample Maker will work directly with different Technical Designers and will follow their direction in executing Design prototype samples requests. The Sample Maker is also directly responsible and accountable for the workmanship quality of the samples he/she produces and for the timely execution of said samples.
• Work with Patternmakers and follows their lead to manufacture prototype and production samples.
• Personally seeks clarification on design card issues, materials, construction and pattern related questions.
• Inspects and makes sure every operation in the manufacturing process is executed to Quality standards.
• Interact with Patternmakers, peers and cross functional partners from Design, Product Development and Tech while executing the prototypes and production samples.
• 7+ years in sewn goods development environment, preferably with luxury fabrics
• Experienced in working with different raw materials: soft fabrics (chiffon), structured silks, structured wools, leather
• Experienced in the safe operation and proper use of equipment utilized in manufacturing ready-to-wear items and accessories.
• Strong inter-personal skills. Able to work in teams.
• Able to work with deadline pressures.
• Collaborate and work with others in a time sensitive and respectful manner