Operations | Long Island City, NY | Full Time
Gwynnie Bee is a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the retail space through a new subscription service for women’s clothing. Gwynnie Bee allows women to expand and extend their existing closets with new designers, prints, styles that they may have never tried before. We aim to help women change their relationship to shopping and fashion by allowing them to experience Clothing without Commitment. We are headquartered in NYC, with offices in Mountain View and New Delhi.
What should you expect? A little of everything. We wear many hats, and we'll expect you to as well.
Writing for web, email and ad campaigns, social media and some print, and anything you can dream up to reinforce our brand message and get the word out.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for fashion and storytelling through copy as well as strong project management, planning, and organizational skills. It is critical that this person is able to write compelling copy that makes people excited to engage with us and subscribe to our service. An understanding of consumer online buying behavior is required.
- Collaborate with marketing and creative to determine concept, brand and copy directions across multi-channels (web, email, social, etc.)
- Contribute to brainstorming and creative brief development
- Develop compelling, consistent on-brand copy for product descriptions, site pages, customer outreach, and all marketing initiatives: Email Campaigns, Social Media, SEO, Banner Ads, etc.
- Create instructional copy that drives a very clear and smooth user experience online by communicating complex subjects simply.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and deliver work on schedule.
- Interact with product teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics
- Sensitivity to the visual execution of copy and the design of content.
- Possession of strong writing and proofing skills, detail-oriented mindset, a sense of humor, and all-around solid communication and organization skills.
- Ability to accommodate a Brand Voice in a creative and fun writing style that is fashion focused.
Ambitious wordsmith with dexterity in standard computer software: Word, PowerPoint, e-mail and good web-surfing skills. Familiarity with a Mac environment and some competency with Adobe CS would be a big plus. A portfolio that shows a good range and demonstrates your writing and thinking skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Four year degree (English, Journalism, Communication or a related field) or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- Strong experience on large cross-channel and/or direct marketing initiatives across mediums
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.