Operations | Long Island City, NY | Full Time
Gwynnie Bee is a fast-growing company headquartered in NYC, with offices in Mountain View and New Delhi, that is revolutionizing the retail space through a new subscription service for women’s clothing by applying technology and innovation in areas that few have ventured into. Our office is currently looking for a Buyer. We are an online clothes rental start-up company in Long Island City with a medium size office of 40 employees.
- Makes focused decisions based on brand integrity and company values.
- Executes vendor selection, develops strong vendor relationships, monitors industry trends, evaluates competition, and attend major markets.
- Maintain relationships, resolve issues and conduct final negotiations with significant suppliers and agents.
- Assesses trends, marketing, and product strategy.
- Perform research analysis of market and identify trends and opportunities that can be applied to the core customer, identifies key opportunities.
- Develop and execute seasonal merchandise plans and pricing strategies.
- Partner with inventory team to manage flow, timing of deliveries and cost expectations.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-5 years of experience as a merchant in a fashion/apparel background
- Proven track record developing and building an apparel business
- Strong planning background is required
- Firm understanding of retail math
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication and desire to work environment.