Engineering | Santa Monica, CA
- Maintain the health, stability and security of our growing production cluster
- Support and troubleshoot production problems
- Develop and enforce best practices in configuration management and application deployment
- Maintain and improve Git source control and continuous integration systems
- Amazon EC2 virtual machine automation and administration
- Select, setup, and install machine and application monitoring and alerting systems
- Ensure high reliability and adequate capacity on distributed "big data" and auto-scaled systems
- Work with AWS, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, MySQL, Kafka, Storm, Zookeeper, Ubuntu, Git
- Proven track record (5+ years experience) supporting production environment
- Solid foundation in modern configuration management tools, e.g. Chef, Puppet, AWS OpsWorks, CloudFormation
- Ubuntu/Linux and bash scripting experience - command line guru
- Enthusiasm for exploring new technolgies
- Java Virtual Machine tuning a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communications skills and "customer service attitude"
Stock options, 401k, medical/dental
Netflix-style vacation policy
Located in hotbed of tech startups blocks from the beach!
Reaching millions of consumers as they actively view images across hundreds of premium websites, GumGum serves contextually relevant ads that yield far higher engagement than those of traditional display advertising units. In addition to helping advertisers reach highly targeted audiences in a brand-safe environment, GumGum gives publishers a new way to earn revenue by overlaying interactive ad units on the photos within their sites. Founded in 2007, GumGum is headquartered in Santa Monica, California. Investors include GRP Partners, First Round Capital, New Enterprise Associates and Crosscut Ventures. For more information, visit www.gumgum.com or call (310) 260-9666.