Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
This job is ideal for someone who loves to organize, make other peoples’ lives easier, and wants to take the first steps toward building a career in accounting or finance. Because this job is at a fast-growing startup, you will be given a unique opportunity to see a wider variety of accounting functions than most people in entry-level accounting roles at larger companies. You will also have the flexibility to improve processes/functions in our finance department and your voice in the company will be taken seriously (most likely implemented as well).
You will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day accounting functions including, but not limited to:
- Managing all Accounts Receivable processing, from billing clients and processing the payments we receive to contacting the accounts when they are past due, all while building rapport with them so they are eager to come back to guidebook in the future.
- Processing all of Guidebook’s bills on time and tracking/classifying each of these expenses to gain insight into where we spend our money.
- Reviewing, approving, and processing employee expense reports.
- Assisting with month end close, and the preparation of the financial statements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers who have questions about payments or billing inquiries.
A successful candidate for this position will work to make these processes as efficient, painless, and infallible as humanly possible.
Every single thing this person does will be absolutely critical to Guidebook’s success. We can’t function as a company and continue to grow without being able to effectively manage the money going in and out of the organization, which is where you come in!
We are looking for:
- You have studied or worked in finance/accounting and you are passionate about joining a startup with tons of growth opportunity
- You are proactive, organized and a detail-oriented self starter with the ability to learn and adapt to changes quickly
- You have solid quantitative and spreadsheet skills
- You have strong oral and written communication skills (you will be spending a lot of time on the phone with clients)
- You are able to make accurate and logical decisions in ambiguous situations
- You have a solid understanding of QuickBooks and Zuora.
- You have 1 to 2 years of experience working in accounts receivable, accounts payable, or bookkeeping
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc