Sr. Security Engineer
Engineering | Palo Alto or San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
Security is a critical part of any company, since it directly influences how a business and its personnel operates. Overall, a strong security program reduces the risk of catastrophic incidents that hinder or stop a business from operating completely.
This is a lead security engineer position. You will report directly to the CTO, and will have the opportunity grow and lead Guidebook’s security program.
- Architect and advance the security program at Guidebook
- Conduct and own risk assessment process
- Manage day to day security operations
- Developing and creating report generation
- Oversee and respond to incidents and breaches
- Lead user awareness security training
- Work with IT on selection, configuration and management of network security software, IDM/SSO software, and related security appliances
- Create company wide policies, procedures, standards, guidelines
- Interface with customers regarding discussions and requirements of Guidebook security program.
- Collaborate directly with executive board on security objectives regarding recommended initiatives, projects, costs, and deadlines.
- Collaborate with Guidebook developers and engineers regarding security of product.
- Research and make recommendations on security software and hardware.
- Assist in installation configuration of new tools and software.
- Advance and grow Guidebook security program. Interview and hire additional security engineers.
- Adhere to ISC2 Code of Ethics
- 5+ years in IT or Software Engineering, and at least 2 years in a security-specific role
- BS/BA Computer Science/Computer Engineering preferred
- Successfully conducted risk analyses
- Participated in incident responses
- Conducted vulnerability assessments and/or penetration tests
- Created administrative policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Must possess an industry recognized information security certification, such as a CISSP, CISM, SSCP, or equivalent, or obtain one within 12 months from date of hire.
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Free lunches on Tuesday and Thursday (you get to choose from myeatclub.com's pre-selected menu)
- Customize your workstation - whatever you need to be able to work more efficiently, we will provide - within reason!
- Game night twice per month
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe/Yosemite trips, movie nights, BBQ's, etc.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.