Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
You will work closely with our sales team to ensure technical questions from clients are answered as promptly as possible.
You will also implement and develop technical solutions for client requests. A common example request would be integrating with a client's API for integration into Guidebook infrastructure.
Other tasks involve:
- Setting up and running A/B testing for marketing copy, emails, page layouts, etc.
- Coding pages of the guidebook.com site for localized pages and our verticals - edu, enterprise, and events
- Creating better integration and automation with other SaaS services we use, such as retargeting, marketo, etc.
- Enhancing the blog and improving its SEO with Google Data Highlighter and maintaining relevancy to Google users by integrating rich snippets
- Generating custom reports or dashboard webpages for internal use
You will be working with the Guidebook client base and will need to acquire skills and experience working with all their different technologies. Not only will you need to solve things from a technical perspective, but you'll also get to work with the sales team to understand the issues from a business perspective. You will often be the owner of projects and get to make the final call on the best way to implement solutions.
- A solid programming background (Python preferred)
- Experience integrating with APIs from other vendors
- An understanding of RESTful architecture
- SOAP experience/knowledge
- Experience working with sales team and clients directly to obtain project requirements
- You are able to work with a variety of different teams within the company
- You are a great communicator
- You are able to think about large scale problems and figure out ways to solve them
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Free lunches on Tuesday and Thursday (you get to choose from myeatclub.com's pre-selected menu)
- Customize your workstation - whatever you need to be able to work more efficiently, we will provide - within reason!
- Game night twice per month
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe/Yosemite trips, movie nights, BBQ's, etc.