Software Engineering Intern—iOS
Technology | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
ABOUT OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
We run a robust, paid internship program that allows you to work on meaningful projects, focus on professional development, and have fun. During our 12-week program in Summer 2019, you’ll be encouraged to maximize your personal growth by asking questions, solving challenging technical problems, and participating in code review process. You will work closely with your mentor (and the development team) to implement production-level features. You will be working with (and contributing to) the most modern frameworks and libraries—after all, this is the mobile team at a mobile-first company!
During round table discussions throughout the summer, you’ll hear from leaders from different departments to learn how they fit into the organization and how they can impact your work. Other highlights of our internship program include: team outings, company-wide demo days, and benefits (commuter benefits, health insurance, fully stocked kitchen, learning & development opportunities, etc).
What’s unique about Guidebook’s internship program is how deeply embedded you will be in the company during the 12 weeks you are here. The 1:1 mentor to intern relationship we maintain in this startup environment guarantees you will be working on real projects and actively contributing to the business, codebase, or product within your first week. If you’re looking for the opportunity to define the trajectory of a fast-growing startup, we’d love to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Use technologies and languages like Objective-C and Swift to contribute to the Guidebook iOS app alongside a passionate, talented mobile team.
- Collaborate, and incorporate feedback from product managers, designers, and other developers.
- Architect complex, data-driven code.
- Become integrated in our engineering organization as a fully-functional member of the mobile team.
- Be part of our agile workflow: attend daily standups, participate in sprint planning meetings and retros.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An expert in at least one programming language, and ability to work in Swift (primarily) and Objective-C.
- Comfortable with the fundamentals of iOS development.
- An effective communicator, both verbal and written (Slack, GitHub, etc), who can work alongside a mixed remote team.
- Passionate about software development and devoted to going above and beyond. (This typically means you have personal projects you’ve worked on outside of school.)
- A junior or senior pursuing a BS, or a student pursuing an MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- 40 hours/week paid internship
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Join us on our 2019 Guidetrip weekend away at Yosemite
- Great new office space in SOMA
- Standing hydraulic desks with customizable workspaces
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and place
- Fully-stocked kitchen (with every snack and drink your heart desires)
- Group bonding events—team outings, company happy hours, volunteer events, and more