Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we’re developing mobile apps to help organizations of all types connect with their audiences. Now, at 6 years old, we’ve powered over 20,000 events, conferences, and guides. On average, we serve hundreds of thousands of users per week, and some of our more popular events can attract tens of thousands by themselves. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Android Engineer to join our team.
Why join Guidebook now?
We’re at a very exciting point in the company’s journey. We’re beginning to expand in a couple big ways:
- First, we’re expanding globally. In addition to our SF office, we have a presence in Raleigh, London, and Seoul. We’re excited about bringing our products to the international market, and looking forward to the unique challenges that brings.
- Second, we manage hundreds of apps and counting. Submitting so many apps to the app stores presents a unique challenge in terms of both code architecture and build infrastructure. Guidebook’s app branding capabilities allow us to customize apps based on our client’s needs. Our proprietary build infrastructure has automated the process of submitting to the Play Store.
Engineering at Guidebook
Working as an engineer at Guidebook means you’ll be collaborating as part of an agile team. Teams typically consist of a product manager, designer, and 2-6 engineers. We work in two week sprints with the entire team contributing to product, design and architecture decisions.
As an Android Engineer at Guidebook you will be responsible for:
- Building amazing Android apps seen by millions of users
- Working with product managers to design new features
- Architecting complex, data-driven code
- Ensuring top notch performance in both the UI and data handling
We’re looking for someone with the following experience:
- 1-3 years experience developing Android apps
- Experience with RESTful network architectures
- Proficient in design patterns and API design
- Experience with Retrofit and Picasso
- Proficient with Git
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with SQLite and GreenDAO
- Familiarity with unit test frameworks and specifically junit/espresso
- Familiarity with Dagger or other dependency injection frameworks
- Ability to work independently as part of a fast moving Agile team
Other Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- Hands on problem solver, but also very coachable
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- High energy, team player
- Loves meritocracies
- Possesses a Zen-like calm
- Knows the answers… or at least knows the questions
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time!
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe!
- Make your workstation yours: Desk customization (fancy hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Fancy, Free lunches twice a week through MyEatClub.com
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free Caltrain GoPass so you can ride the Caltrain an unlimited number of times!
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great new office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through AnyPerk!
- Reap some good karma: Group Volunteer Events
If you want to help our team do amazing things, then we want to hear from you!