Software Developer in Test
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a fast-growing startup based in Palo Alto, California. Our mission is to connect people and places. Through the use of mobile technology, we allow organizations with physical presences to improve the on-site experiences offered to their visitors. Guidebook's clients include conferences, trade shows, universities, museums, community centers, and Fortune 500 companies. Creating a native application across iOS, Android, other mobile operating systems and the mobile Web is a difficult and costly endeavor, and it's only half the battle. Applications also need to be updated, to stay current with the latest mobile technology has to offer, and synced with other software products, so that the information stays fresh. Guidebook significantly lowers the human and financial capital requirements to “go mobile” and aims to power the mobile experiences for tens of millions of organizations across the world.
Guidebook is seeking a Developer in Test to lead our QA efforts across all of our software products. When we ship, they reach hundreds of thousands of users -- and updates to native apps can take days to deploy. This makes quality assurance a huge priority. The successful candidate will be someone who is willing to build a QA environment from scratch, and is able to demonstrate the ability to grow and lead the team over time. As the first dedicated QA resource at the company, you'll work directly with the CTO to create and execute a plan for building out Guidebook's Quality Assurance organization.
- Work with engineers and project leads to build test plans and execute them
- Install, configure, and manage software automation products
- Educate engineers on testing best practices and be responsible for ensuring that they're followed
- Help develop and maintain automated test suites
- Demonstrate leadership necessary to grow the QA team and be the ongoing point person
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in Quality Assurance
- Prior experience with scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Familiar with automated testing tools such as Selenium
- Demonstrate leadership qualities necessary
Please send in your cover letter and resume.