Senior Director, Marketing
Sales and Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
Guidebook is seeking an experienced growth-oriented and data-driven Senior Director, Marketing to craft and execute on a marketing vision at Guidebook. You will lead, coach, and grow an incredible team of driven, talented individuals responsible for driving demand for Guidebook. This strategic leader will collaborate with Sales, Product, Finance, and other teams at Guidebook to develop and articulate our Marketing strategy for our product which has found success in a wide variety of verticals (B2B) and is poised for growth and successes in the B2C market.
You will be responsible for critical functions such as brand, performance, and lifecycle marketing for Guidebook, managing and scaling all marketing resources—including personnel and our performance marketing agency—to grow our business. Performance channels include, but are not limited to, SEO, paid marketing, event marketing, email marketing, and media advertising programs. This is a role for someone who thinks strategically yet is hands-on—you’re driven to test and measure marketing efforts, and to deliver growth our revenue.
WHAT WILL SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
- You have defined a clear and inspirational marketing vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- You have driven growth in sales pipeline by managing and optimizing the funnel, all the while partnering closely with sales.
- You have built a world-class team of marketers that lead and inspire their colleagues across the company.
- You have helped cultivate a strong culture through your leadership and by living our core values on a daily basis.
- You have honed and articulated the Guidebook brand, and flowed that through our marketing efforts.
- You have developed projections and measured ROI/effectiveness of our marketing efforts. You have refined the means of tracking performance, established a cadence for reporting, and leverage this data to make key marketing decisions.
- You are close to our customers, competitors, and industry. You have a strong understanding of their behavior and the landscape.
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 10+ years in marketing (preferably SaaS B2B and B2C) with high emphasis on growth, lead generation, and/or demand creation. Brand and product marketing experience in SaaS a plus.
- Strong executive presence with a focus on and passion for innovative marketing
- Experience leading and growing marketing teams in a startup environment
- Proven leadership skills, with history of successful mentoring, training, and development
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking, tying lead generation activities to overall company go-to-market strategy
- System competencies for this role ideally include experience directly managing or leading teams that are hands on with key marketing, sales, and analytics systems such as Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adwords, and WordPress.
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Make your workstation yours: Desk customization (fancy hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events