Senior Director, Finance & Operations
G&A | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom events—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
FINANCE & OPERATIONS AT GUIDEBOOK:
Finance & Operations team is critical at Guidebook in providing strategic, analytical, and operational support to the Executive Team and the rest of the company. The team is responsible for managing and reporting on the company’s financial health, setting ARR and financial goals, evaluating strategic opportunities, supporting sales strategy and execution, and streamlining all quote to cash processes. The team also plays a prominent role in cross-functional collaborations and partnerships with Product, Sales, and Marketing.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Guidebook is seeking a Senior Director of Finance & Operations to join the Finance Team. Reporting directly to the CEO and managing a team of four, you will oversee Accounting, FP&A, and Sales Operations for a mission-driven startup. You will take the lead role in goal setting, performance tracking and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, investor relations, competitive analysis, M&A activities, legal process, and other requests as needed. In addition, you will be partnering heavily with sales leaders to deliver important insights, streamline our quote to cash process, and help drive sales strategy and execution.
Ideally, you have 8-12 years of experience in financial and general business analysis in a hi-tech or SaaS software company, and demonstrated experience in managing teams and collaborating across functions. You must be both a team player and an independent contributor. You should be extremely well organized and able to facilitate cross-functional collaboration and understanding so that the resulting corporate finance and sales strategies are well supported across the company; developing sustainable processes is at the core of this role. Given you’ll be a leader within a startup, we want someone who’s enthusiastic about working with colleagues at different levels all across the organization.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Manage a team of four - three in Accounting and one in Sales Operations
- Produce accurate financial reporting and prepare presentation material for Executive Team, Board of Directors, and external investors
- Lead budget planning process by cost center and develop ongoing monthly tracking
- Provide monthly cash flow forecast update to the Executive team
- Lead quarterly and annual goal setting process including developing financial targets and building sales and marketing compensation plans
- Work with Executive Team to develop multi-year business plans
- Maintain corporate capitalization table and manage new equity grants process with HR
- Lead the annual 409a valuation process
- Lead the legal process with our external legal firm for custom contract review and ongoing GDPR requirements
- Inform key decisions with financial and operational implications
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Lead Sales Operations support strategy for the Sales teams related to quote to cash process, best practices, and different pricing models
- Build and implement benchmark and KPI dashboards for measuring financial and operating performance
- Partner closely with sales, marketing, and operations leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects and programs based on well-articulated needs/ gaps
- Evaluate M&A and strategic opportunities and performs scenario analyses
- Perform competitive analysis to understand key market trends and changes
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Recommend and develop financial policies, procedures, and systems to meet company objectives
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and manage projects to streamline or automate sales processes
- Lead, develop, and in some cases execute all aspects of operations that support and improve the standards and execution for all major functions across the organization
- Lead the annual strategic planning process
- Assist with establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, policies, and operating procedures
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or business-related majors, MBA preferred
- Proficient in Netsuite, Salesforce, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to see the "big picture" and understand the details behind it
- Ability to organize, interpret and analyze large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to establish credibility and influence at a senior leadership level, across all disciplines
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, GAAP, and internal controls
- Strong communication skills – enjoys working cross-functionally and representing the interests of the finance team with other departments
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (fancy hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.