Sales Development Representative
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom events—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Sales Development Representative, you will have the freedom to be creative with one super-important goal: opportunities. Every opportunity you create that turns into a serious client will be a huge win, celebrated by our sales and marketing teams. You are a detective, on the lookout for people who will benefit from our technology. You are the heartbeat of the team—the pace at which you work determine the pace of our entire business. You will be compensated on the number of opportunities you generate, as well as the dollar amount of new sales that are closed because of accounts you bring in.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- With support from the marketing team, find qualified sales targets and get them interested enough in the possibility of creating a mobile app to agree to meet with our sales team.
- Look in creative places for new leads, devise effective ways of capturing their attention, and consult with them to determine whether it makes sense for them to consider Guidebook’s solutions.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Hit your goals consistently—for both qualified meetings booked and sales accepted opportunities.
- Be an effective and diligent reporter. Your opportunities, leads, and any other pertinent information are well-documented and tracked.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to identify promising events (tradeshows, conferences, etc.) for leads.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Travel to tradeshows and conferences to represent Guidebook and meet prospective customers face-to-face.
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- Work to make the rest of your team better because they should be making you better too!
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Customer-facing experience in a professional setting with a passion for solving business challenges.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Genuine curiosity about learning new things.
- Able to challenge people’s perspectives and create a compelling story for customers to rally around.
- You have grit. We are a startup and need people who will take ownership to be successful in the role. You’re prepared to go the extra mile when necessary (though Guidebook promotes a healthy work/life balance).
- You are a team player. Everyone needs to pull for each other, challenge each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
- Bonus points if you have experience using Salesforce
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Transportation benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great new office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.