Python Web Developer
Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a fast-growing startup based in Palo Alto, California. Our mission is to connect people and places. Through the use of mobile technology, we allow organizations with physical presences to improve the on-site experiences offered to their visitors. Guidebook's clients include conferences, trade shows, universities, museums, community centers, and Fortune 500 companies. Creating a native application across iOS, Android, other mobile operating systems and the mobile Web is a difficult and costly endeavor, and it's only half the battle. Applications also need to be updated, to stay current with the latest mobile technology has to offer, and synced with other software products, so that the information stays fresh. Guidebook significantly lowers the human and financial capital requirements to “go mobile” and aims to power the mobile experiences for tens of millions of organizations across the world.
- BS or BA in Computer Science (or similar) or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years experience developing products written in Python
- Experience designing clean data models and APIs
- Experience with a Python Web framework (Django, Pylons... etc)
- Knowledge of RESTful design concepts
- Experience optimizing and tuning for large-scale database performance
- Experience with scaling of web applications in the cloud (AWS, RackSpace, etc)
- Web testing automation skills
- Please include cover letter and include links to apps you've contributed to!
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume, and include links to Python projects or sites you've contributed to!