Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a fast-growing startup based in Palo Alto, California. Our mission is to connect people and places. Through the use of mobile technology, we allow organizations with physical presences to improve the on-site experiences offered to their visitors. Guidebook's clients include conferences, trade shows, universities, museums, community centers, and Fortune 500 companies. Creating a native application across iOS, Android, other mobile operating systems and the mobile Web is a difficult and costly endeavor, and it's only half the battle. Applications also need to be updated, to stay current with the latest mobile technology has to offer, and synced with other software products, so that the information stays fresh. Guidebook significantly lowers the human and financial capital requirements to “go mobile” and aims to power the mobile experiences for tens of millions of organizations across the world.
Gears is Guidebook's self-service interface, built on Django, that enables our clients to create a guide for listing in Guidebook. As a Django engineer, you'd be working with our design and UX team to build new features for Guidebook Gears that make it easier for our free and paying customers to create a killer experience for their users. You'll also be collaborating with the apps teams to craft new APIs for the apps to consume. The right candidate for this position loves writing clean, testable, Pythonic code and understands how and when to optimize for performance.
- Work closely with our UX team to design and implement new Gears features
- Design and implement APIs for our native apps to consume
- Work with our release and DevOps engineers to ensure optimal performance of code
- BS or BA in Computer Science (or similar) or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years experience developing products written in Python
- Desire to make UX a top priority to produce intuitive user interfaces
- Experience designing clean data models and APIs
- Experience with Django, or the ability to learn it quickly
- Knowledge of RESTful API design concepts
- Experience optimizing and tuning for large-scale database performance
- Experience with scaling of web applications in the cloud (AWS, RackSpace, etc)
- Experience with unit testing and/or browser automation testing
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume, and include links to Python projects or sites you've contributed to!