Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
In order for us to be successful, we need an simple, powerful, scalable, and intuitive system for building guides. We also need well-thought-out backend services for the apps to communicate with. As a member of the backend team, your job will be to design and implement these backend services, winning the recognition of our customers and your peers.
- Build and maintain new features in a core piece of our product, our CMS called Guidebook Gears. Gears is the self-service website our customers interact with to build and manage a Guide on Guidebook.
- Design and implement the APIs that our apps communicate with.
- Contribute code to the project within the first few days.
- Within the first few months, contribute major features to the CMS and APIs.
- You have a BS or BA in Computer Science (or similar) and/or 3+ years of experience as a Python developer.
- You have experience in backend web development
- You have a strong knowledge of RESTful API design concepts
- You have experience working in a Test Driven Development environment
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc