Product and Design | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is looking for innovative designers with a proven track record of creating outstanding consumer internet products on both web and mobile. The position requires detail oriented, creative individuals who are passionate about new technology and building delightful user experiences.
As a designer at Guidebook you will work closely with our product and engineering teams to deliver products that consistently amaze our users. Attention to detail, good taste and a “get things done” mindset will be critical to your success at Guidebook. The ideal candidate will also quickly grasp complex problems and translate them into elegant, understandable solutions.
- work with others or individually to deliver concepts, prototypes and pixel-perfect mockups;
- use product analytics and AB-test results to inform your design decisions;
- understand user needs and behavior;
- participate in user research studies;
- brainstorm and iterate on product ideas;
- oversee the design of specific products/features from inception through execution.
- degree in interaction design, visual design, or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of experience designing and shipping consumer internet products (mobile, web, or both);
- strong understanding of human-computer interaction principles;
- rapid prototyping skills, using tools such as InVision and/or Framer;
- excellent written / oral communication skills;
- outstanding brainstorming and whiteboarding skills;
- fluency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, or other design tools;
- passion for building things and for new technology.
Guidebook is a platform for anyone to quickly create a mobile presence. Companies (like Facebook, Google and LinkedIn) use Guidebook to create applications for their corporate events and conferences. Universities use our platform for student orientation and campus guides. We have deployed thousands of guides worldwide and are excited about our platform delighting millions of users.
We are small, lean, and profitable. We continually strive to add the very best minds to our company and retain our highly productive start-up culture as we grow in size. We tend to live by our values and we encourage you to learn about Guidebook at: https://guidebook.com/careers/
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Free lunches on Tuesday and Thursday (you get to choose from myeatclub.com's pre-selected menu)
- Customize your workstation - whatever you need to be able to work more efficiently, we will provide - within reason!
- Game night twice per month
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe/Yosemite trips, movie nights, BBQ's, etc.
If you want to help our team do amazing things, then we want to hear from you! Please send us a cover letter and resume.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.