Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a fast-growing startup based in Palo Alto, California. Our mission is to connect people and places. Through the use of mobile technology, we allow organizations with physical presences to improve the on-site experiences offered to their visitors. Guidebook's clients include conferences, trade shows, universities, museums, community centers, and Fortune 500 companies. Creating a native application across iOS, Android, other mobile operating systems and the mobile Web is a difficult and costly endeavor, and it's only half the battle. Applications also need to be updated, to stay current with the latest mobile technology has to offer, and synced with other software products, so that the information stays fresh. Guidebook significantly lowers the human and financial capital requirements to “go mobile” and aims to power the mobile experiences for tens of millions of organizations across the world.
Guidebook is hiring mobile engineers to work on the iOS, Android, and Windows 8 native apps. Our mobile engineers work in a small, tight-knit team of engineers and designers. We're passionate about making the best apps we can, and we know what separates the best from the rest: clean, usable, forward-thinking UI with an obsessive attention to detail.
As a mobile engineer, you'll work on bringing Guidebook's new features to life on one of our native apps (iOS, Android, or Win8). You'll be working on a product that is used by over a million end-users and is used internally by dozens of major brands.
- Work with the design team to come up with clean, fluid UI for new features
- Design and implement the under-the-hood data structures that make the app snappy and responsive
- Work with the Web Services team to design the APIs the native apps will consume
- Adapt the app to the latest design & usability trends
- BS or BA in Computer Science (or similar) or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Android, Objective-C, or C#
- At least 1 year experience with mobile development, with at least one shipped app
- Good taste UI/UX, attention to detail, and a passion for developing extremely polished apps
- Experience communicating with web services (JSON, REST, XML..)
- Familiarity working in a *nix environment and on the shell (except Win 8 position)
- Python experience
- Web development experience
- Shell scripting experience
- Database experience (MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra, etc)
- Unit testing experience Interested
Please include cover letter and include links to apps you've contributed to!