Marketing Events Executive
Marketing | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
ABOUT THE JOB:
Guidebook’s EMEA office in London was opened in 2014, 3 years after Guidebook was formed. Our EMEA business has grown significantly; from contributing less than 5% of global revenue in 2014 to 16% of global revenue today. Now, we need a self starter to help take us to the next level.
As our Marketing Events Executive, 80% of your role will be owning our presence and success at trade shows, conferences, and internal events, and the remaining 20% will be supporting our EMEA marketing efforts. Working with the global marketing team you identify and execute events that help us reach clients in education, enterprise. You’ll set event goals and metrics, coordinate tactics, and work with internal teams to execute on plans and report on program success. Every lead that marketing creates which turns into a serious client will be a huge win, celebrated by our sales and marketing teams. You will be compensated on the number of leads you generate that become opportunities.
This role calls for a candidate with a mix of capabilities including creative and critical thinking, communications and writing skills, analytics and metrics management. In this role, you'll be expected to work against targets and KPIs for the events you manage—this is one of the primary ways we're able to measure success!
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Review our event schedule for the next 12 months, and become familiar with all the different types of events we participate in
- Creatively think about how we’re approaching trade shows and interacting with leads that we meet
- Attend your first trade show and work with the sales team to collect sales ready leads
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Hit your goals consistently—for both new leads and new opportunities
- Manage your first trade show, from stand set up and pre-show outreach, to lead follow up and opportunity creation
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- Increase the number of event leads to pass to the sales team.
- Help plan the event schedule for 2019, and identify new event types and trade shows we can add to our schedule
- Work to make the rest of your team better because they should be making you better too!
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Marketing experience - either a degree level qualification or at least one year in a similar role.
- You are a social butterfly. You enjoy speaking with people and learning about them.
- Genuine curiosity about learning new things.
- Able to challenge people’s perspectives and create a compelling story for customers to rally around.
- You have grit. We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take ownership to be successful in the role. You’re prepared to go the extra mile when necessary (though Guidebook promotes a healthy work/life balance).
- You are a team player. Everyone needs to pull for each other, challenge each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
- Bonus points if you have experience using Salesforce & Marketo!
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Travel to trade shows in Europe
- Awesome company retreats, EMEA team away weekends
- Make your workstation yours: desk customisation (hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchen with every snack and drink your heart desires—including free beer and coffee
- Free team lunches twice a week ordered from local restaurants of our (sometimes hotly contested) choosing
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- New office in Soho, London
- Monthly gym membership and phone stipend
- Fun group/team outings like movie nights, games, and BBQ's