Product and Design | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
Your work will be front-and-center at the beginning of our customer lifecycle. It’ll be viewable by millions on the web and will be essential to our lead generation programs. We are growing and increasing revenue at an incredible rate because of our aggressive marketing, and you will have a key role in helping us scale.
Some daily task requirements include:
- Creating layout for long-form marketing collateral: ebooks, white papers, sales sheets, etc.
- Generating conversion-focused webpages and landing pages.
- Information design (data, infographics).
- Custom illustration: icons, etc.
You will play a key part in "first impressions" for Guidebook. You will be designing vital content to be consumed, understood and shared throughout the world. This role is more than just creating visually-interesting images, which of course is important, but you will need to be verbally captivating as well. You will synthesize information and work as part of a focused team to make content readable and appealing. You also will have the freedom to be creative and metrics-driven, while still being exposed to design leadership and mentorship.
- An experienced marketing/brand/communication designer with appropriate technical, design, and creative skills.
- Very flexible and is not fazed by a last-minute requests from multiple teams.
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize handling multiple tasks.
- Receptive to feedback and can collaborate with a variety of people
- Able to communicate clearly about details on the performance of the above pieces.
You have experience in the following programs:
You have a knowledge of:
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc