Product and Design | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
Your work will help create a positive and lasting impression of Guidebook for prospective customers and users. The designs you create will be viewable by millions on the web and will help us grow our client base by generating demand for the product. Our thoughtful, well-designed content and clean, elegant brand image have helped us grow at a rapid rate over the past few years, and we want to extend that trend by making our designs even better across a variety of media.
Some things you will be working on include:
- Creating layouts for long-form marketing collateral: ebooks, white papers, sales sheets, etc.
- Generating conversion-focused webpages and landing pages.
- Designing infographics and other creative data visualizations.
- Making custom illustrations to extend Guidebook's iconography.
You will play a key part in "first impressions" for Guidebook. You will be designing vital content to be consumed, understood and shared throughout the world. This role is more than just creating visually-interesting images, which of course is important, but you will need to be verbally captivating as well. You will synthesize information and work as part of a focused team to make content readable and appealing. You also will have the freedom to be creative and metrics-driven, while still being exposed to design leadership and mentorship.
- An experienced marketing/brand/communication designer with appropriate technical, design, and creative skills.
- Very flexible and unfazed by last-minute requests from multiple teams.
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize handling multiple tasks.
- Receptive to feedback and able to collaborate with a variety of people.
- A designer with 2-3 years of experience under your belt.
You have experience in the following programs:
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Free lunches on Tuesday and Thursday (you get to choose from myeatclub.com's pre-selected menu)
- Customize your workstation - whatever you need to be able to work more efficiently, we will provide - within reason!
- Game night twice per month
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe/Yosemite trips, movie nights, BBQ's, etc.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.