Product and Design | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
ABOUT THE JOB:
Guidebook is seeking an experienced and driven Marketing Designer to support our marketing, sales, and support teams. You will play a key part in "first impressions" for Guidebook for prospective customers and users You will be designing vital content to be consumed, understood and shared throughout the world. This role is more than just creating visually-interesting images–your work will impact Marketing and Sales team success and bottom line revenue. The designs you create will be viewable by millions on the web and will help us grow our client base by generating demand for the product. You will synthesize information and work in close partnership with various client facing teams to make content digestible and to maximize the conversion of the content pieces your designs support. You may find yourself creating designs for both short and long form content, webinars, client presentations, email design, and more.
Reporting directly into one of Guidebook’s co-founders, our Creative Director, this is a unique opportunity to work in a startup where design has been in the forefront since day one. Our thoughtful, well-designed content and clean, elegant brand image have helped us grow at a rapid rate over the past few years, and we want to extend that trend by making our designs even better across a variety of media. The ideal candidate will not only have the appropriate technical, design, and creative skills, but also will be very flexible and unfazed by handling last-minute requests from multiple teams. We’re looking for someone who is good at priority setting, receptive to feedback, and able to collaborate with a variety of people.
Key competencies for this role include experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and Sketch. Bonus points for experience in HTML, CSS, Marketo, git, and any motion design software.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Develop a strong understanding of the Guidebook style and voice
- Create layouts and graphics for long-form marketing collateral: ebooks, white papers, sales sheets, etc.
- Design (or repurpose) email templates for database-wide email sends
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Refresh content for trade shows and each of our sales verticals (EDU, SMB, and Enterprise)
- Generate conversion-focused landing pages
- Make custom illustrations to extend Guidebook's iconography
- Work closely with the product designers to implement Guidebook’s brand in the apps and/or Builder
- Work with the marketing and design teams to evolve Guidebook’s external website (guidebook.com) and take a degree of ownership over it’s design
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Create A/B tests to maximize conversion rates on our site and in our emails
- Design infographics and other creative data visualizations
- Work alongside fellow designers to refresh the Guidebook brand standards and illustration style
- Work closely with the product designers to continue to evolve Guidebook’s brand in the apps and/or Builder, as well as on guidebook.com.
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A designer with 1-3 years of experience under your belt
- Interested in our customers and the product we’re creating
- Able to take sales requests and turn them into evergreen pieces
- Able to expand upon existing campaigns—finding ways to repurpose or redesign to maximize our current libraries
- Data-driven; communicative; excited to sit on a marketing team; team player; able to prioritize (and re-prioritize) quickly
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (fancy hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchen with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events