Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application platform that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
ABOUT THE JOB:
Guidebook is seeking an Accounting Manager to join the Finance Team. This individual will manage and oversee all Accounting and Treasury functions. We are looking for a candidate who has strong knowledge of US GAAP, is a hands-on doer and leader willing to roll up their sleeves. Reporting to the VP of Finance and managing a staff of two, you will be a foundational member of the accounting team focusing on the Company’s operational accounting processes and month-end close. This role will allow you to expand your already broad technical accounting skill set to help manage the day-to-day accounting operations of a quickly growing SaaS company.
Ideally, you’ve got 5+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in accounting or finance, with at least 2 of those years being in people management. Previous experience in a Big 4 and a Saas company (operating with multi-country/currency customers) is a plus. You should be incredibly organized, process-oriented, and comfortable prioritizing multiple work streams across daily responsibilities and long-term projects. Given you’ll be a leader within a start up, we want someone who’s enthusiastic about working with colleagues at different levels all across the organization.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Provide leadership to the accounting operations and financial reporting function
- Manage accounting operations including maintaining the general ledger, oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable cycles, prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules, and review and consolidate international entities (UK and Korea).
- Oversee the monthly close process culminating in the preparation of consolidated GAAP financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation and reconciliation processes
- Control all activities and systems involving management of cash resources, for US HQ, and international subsidiaries.
- Design, implement and maintain informative financial results reports to meet the needs of the business, assist on projects and ad hoc assignments as needed
- Coach and develop the accounting staff
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Design, implement and maintain effective accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Provide expertise on the treatment of accounting transactions and related financial reporting requirements
- Streamline processes for greater accuracy, financial control and efficiency. Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation across all finance areas.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of tax returns by working with our Big 4 Tax Accountants
- Develop and implement systems to compile information for various federal, state, and local reports.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Drive the execution of year-end financial audits
- Develop financial systems solutions and requirements for new applications or enhancements
- Actively partner with other business operations and departments to build scalable processes and drive best practices
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related major
- Experience with startup/SaaS Company, CPA preferred
- Proficient in Netsuite and Microsoft Excel, bonus points for experience using Zenefits, ADP, Stripe, and working with integrated systems
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, GAAP, and internal controls
- Strong communication skills–enjoys working with the accounting team as well as cross-functionally, representing the interests of the accounting team with other departments
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (fancy hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events