Junior Account Executive
Sales and Marketing | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
ABOUT THE JOB:
Guidebook’s EMEA office in London was opened in 2014, 3 years after Guidebook was formed. Our EMEA business has grown significantly; from contributing less than 5% of global revenue in 2014 to 16% of global revenue today. Now, we need a self starter to help take us to the next level.
As a Junior Account Executive, you will have the freedom to be creative with one super-important goal: revenue. Every opportunity you create that turns into a serious client will be a huge win, celebrated by our sales and marketing teams. You are a detective, on the lookout for people who will benefit from our technology. You are the heartbeat of the team—the pace at which you work determine the pace of our entire business. You manage the entire sales process from start to finish and are driven not just to meet but to exceed your goals. You will be compensated on the number of opportunities you generate, as well as the dollar amount of new sales that are closed because of accounts you bring in.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Work alongside the marketing team to find qualified sales targets and get them interested enough in the possibility of creating a mobile app to agree to meet with you or our sales team.
- Look in creative places for new leads, devise effective ways of capturing their attention, and consult with them to determine whether it makes sense for them to consider Guidebook’s solutions.
- Manage the entire sales process (lead source, book demo, conduct online demo, proposal, negotiate and close) and sign new customers with deal sizes less than £5k (we will provide guidance—you need to be hungry to learn and further craft your sales skills).
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Hit your goals consistently—for both new leads and closed deals.
- Share best practices with the team to help identify relevant case studies and creative solutions to close new business.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- Increase the size of the deals you close.
- Work to make the rest of your team better because they should be making you better too!
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Commercial experience, with at least 1 year in sales development/lead generation and the ability to illustrate what that process looked like and why you succeeded.
- You are a social butterfly. You enjoy speaking with people and learning about them.
- Genuine curiosity about learning new things.
- Able to challenge people’s perspectives and create a compelling story for customers to rally around.
- You have grit. We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take ownership to be successful in the role. You’re prepared to go the extra mile when necessary (though Guidebook promotes a healthy work/life balance).
- You are a team player. Everyone needs to pull for each other, challenge each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
- Bonus points if you have experience using Salesforce!
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Travel to trade shows in Europe
- Awesome company retreats, EMEA team away weekends
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchen with every snack and drink your heart desires—including free beer and coffee
- Free team lunches twice a week ordered from local restaurants of our (sometimes hotly contested) choosing
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- New office in Soho, London
- Monthly gym membership and phone stipend
- Fun group/team outings like movie nights, games, and BBQ's