Growth Product Manager
Product & Design | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom events—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us in the challenge!
ABOUT THE JOB:
Guidebook is seeking an innovative and detail-oriented Growth Product Manager to work closely with our designers, engineers, and other cross-functional team members to organize and direct our growth team initiatives. The ability to scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact and a “get things done” mindset will be critical to your success.
You’ll be a true collaborator, working closely with sales leadership, sales operations, marketing, engineering, finance, and others to promote and support sales enablement, marketing performance measurement, strategic planning, and streamlined reporting. This is a new area of focus for Guidebook, so you should be hungry for the opportunity to own and build out our growth team processes and capabilities.
Ideally, you’ve got 1-2 years of experience in product management, and are comfortable and capable of driving a product launch from beginning to end. You’re comfortable balancing many challenges at once, and have a “no task is too small” ownership mentality. Experience working with Confluence, JIRA, Sketch and/or Githubare a plus. Prior experience working with Google Analytics, A/B testing platforms like Optimizely and marketing CRM systems like Marketo are a plus.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Get up to speed on our product offerings and sales verticals (enterprise, corporate/SMB, and education)
- Schedule introductory meetings and develop a complete understanding of the engineering, product, design, marketing, and customer support teams
- Familiarize yourself with the systems we use—JIRA, Confluence, Sketch, and Github
- Familiarize yourself with Android Studio and Xcode, and the basics of building branches in a testing environment
- Run the feature development meetings for our growth team with supervision: sprint planning, standups, sprint retros, pre and post mortems
- Cultivate a sense of our product development process and specifically our growth team process. You should start to form opinions about what parts of our process are working well and what parts should be improved
- Take ownership of our A/B testing roadmap, helping the business determine clear targets to affect growth and ideating possible ways to hit those targets
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Gain a deep understanding of the Guidebook product offering—be able to identify product gaps and generate new ideas that aim to grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth
- Actively contribute to research and ideation that steers the direction of our product
- Propose, advocate for and win buy-in for a major project on our growth roadmap
- Oversee the development and launch of a major project on our growth roadmap
- Own the evaluation of our A/B testing efforts, composing executive summaries and communicating your team’s successes to the rest of the company
- Create buy-in for the growth team vision internally
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Perform market research and competitive analysis
- Oversee product execution from inception to delivery
- Advocate for themes and ideas in our product vision that extend beyond a single project and instead help steer the roadmap as a whole
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding across all Guidebook teams specifically around our growth initiatives
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 1-2 years of experience in Product Management
- Proven project management skills
- Strong problem solving and communications skills
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Short term and Long term disability benefits
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Transportation benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great new office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.