Engineering | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
In order for us to be successful as a mobile platform, the ability to get the data into the app must be seamless and extremely simple. With that in mind, our CMS must be top-notch, with the ability to build a guide in a matter of hours through a super-simple, refined pipeline. You will be a key element to building this new version of the CMS, which will DIRECTLY translate into success for Guidebook as a platform.
- Become an expert with our front-end development stack.
- Code for large and small product-facing projects.
- Work directly with the design team and back-end development team to implement mockups and integrate with the back-end stack.
- Accurately (to the pixel) implement designs on the web for both desktop and mobile, as well as tightly integrate with our python backend in a way that is fast, simple, and repeatable.
- You are fluent in valid, standards-compliant, cross-browser HTML/CSS
- You are familiar with CSS pre-processors.
- You have an existing portfolio of work documenting your code quality.
- You have strong experience translating mockups into final code.
- You have experience working with a back-end development team and integrating with back-end systems.
- You have clear communication skills and a self starter attitude.
- You have strong documentation skills
- You have a BS or BA in Computer Science (or similar) or 3+ years of software engineering experience
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc