Engineering | Palo Alto, CA
Guidebook is a fast-growing startup based in Palo Alto, California. Our mission is to connect people and places. Through the use of mobile technology, we allow organizations with physical presences to improve the on-site experiences offered to their visitors. Guidebook's clients include conferences, trade shows, universities, museums, community centers, and Fortune 500 companies. Creating a native application across iOS, Android, other mobile operating systems and the mobile Web is a difficult and costly endeavor, and it's only half the battle. Applications also need to be updated, to stay current with the latest mobile technology has to offer, and synced with other software products, so that the information stays fresh. Guidebook significantly lowers the human and financial capital requirements to “go mobile” and aims to power the mobile experiences for tens of millions of organizations across the world.
Help improve and evolve the Guidebook design philosophy, both on the web and mobile. You will be working directly with the Creative Director as a senior designer — your designs will be pushed to hundreds of thousands of devices.
- Extreme passion for pixel-perfect design.
- Design or CS degree *not* required.
- Experience designing and developing for the web.
- At least 1 year experience with mobile design, preferably with a shipped app to showcase.
- Experience in web development technologies including HTML, CSS3, JS.
- Mastery of Photoshop and working knowledge of other Adobe CS tools.
- A solid portfolio of work; personal 'hobby' projects are encouraged!
- Helps to know jQuery, Backbone.js, Django, Python
- Illustrator experience.
- Experience with collateral and/or print design.