Email Marketing Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom events—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
MARKETING AT GUIDEBOOK:
We are building a world-class Marketing team at Guidebook and would be excited to have you join us. We value effort, expertise, and a relentless focus on quality. Individuals who would fit in on our Marketing team are those who are highly curious and persistent, who favor the growth Marketing approach of ideation, testing and learning, and who are hungry to continuously grow and develop in their careers.
We pride ourselves on partnering closely with Product, Sales, and other teams to raise the bar and deliver the right message, to the right person, at the right time. We seek to elevate our marketing campaigns to focus on the big problems we are solving for customers, not just features and benefits.
You will be helping us revolutionize our Marketing approach to increase our brand awareness, grow and nurture inbound leads, empower our customers to tell their story, position our best-in-class product, and drive significant growth for the company.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As Guidebook’s Email Marketing Manager, you are someone who loves to communicate through the art of words. We are looking for a design-driven and HTML/CSS- loving person to step into this role and really own our email marketing strategy–rebuilding our email marketing channel from the ground up. You speak the marketing ops language and have the confidence to report on and present your work to any colleague or executive. Your work is driven through analysis of email and channel metrics. The challenge of building out email lists is a prospect that excites you and you’re really invested in nurturing and growing those relationships associated with it. In other words, follow-through are your two favorite words.
This new member of the Marketing team will report directly to our VP of Marketing, which presents a great opportunity for guidance and mentorship. Our ideal candidate has previous experience with list management and managing delivery in compliance with CAN-SPAM law, is analytically-minded and can report on performance metrics, and can think strategically about how they will maximize this key marketing channel. As with all Guidebook hires, we are looking for someone bright who is collaborative, team-oriented, and receptive to feedback.
Key competencies for this role include experience with one of the ESPs such as Sendgrid, ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or Marketo. Ideally you would know HTML/CSS and have experience managing email strategy for B2B companies.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Identify gaps in our CRM database and areas that need improvement
- Work on prioritizing & building up our overall email strategy
- Dive into A/B testing of elements such as subject line, headline, copy
- Craft new campaigns and send emails (of course!)
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Develop and own our nurture series. Make sure our customer leads who are not yet ready to buy are being effectively nurtured with industry thought leadership and other types of content
- Build out our trigger-based retargeting email program, including abandon cart
- Build out a nurture flow aimed at keeping our customers happy, informed, and engaged
- Work through our technical challenges:
- Salesforce and Marketo
- Pixel firing in emails
- Collaborate with our Design team to figure out how our emails can be even more beautiful
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Segment our database to make our marketing strategies more aligned with our future goals
- Work to make the rest of your team better because they should be making you better too!
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Must have 2-3 years experience in a similar role at a B2B SaaS company.
- Bonus points if you’ve:
- Previously been involved in social media management or SEO/PPC work.
- Got experience with a data management platform (DMP) like BlueKai or Simon Data
- Genuine curiosity about learning new things.
- Able to challenge people’s perspectives and create a compelling story for customers to rally around.
- You have grit. We are a startup and need people who will take ownership to be successful in the role. You’re prepared to go the extra mile when necessary (though Guidebook promotes a healthy work/life balance).
- You are a team player. Everyone needs to pull for each other, challenge each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Short term and Long term disability benefits
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Transportation benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great new office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.