Director of Sales Operations
Sales and Marketing | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
About the Job:
You will have the challenge of making our sales team more efficient, productive, and happy through intelligent improvements to our business processes. You will help Guidebook scale our sales team efficiently, making sure that we’re hitting our sales targets.
- Improving the efficiency and productivity of our sales team
- Providing reports on sales performance and predictions to the executive team
- Developing a system for forecasting sales and planning team growth, measuring individual representatives against their quotas, managing territories, commission plans, and constantly looking for ways to relieve bottlenecks or inconsistencies in the sales process
- Managing Guidebook's instance of Salesforce, including process design, reporting, and data cleanliness
- Training new sales hires on best practices for doing their jobs in the best and most efficient ways
- You have 3+ years experience at a high growth software/SaaS company.
- You have been exposed to all aspects of sales operations.
- You are highly proficient with Salesforce.com, including having created advanced reports, built workflow rules and approval processes, and worked to create forecasts based on sales pipeline.
- You are great at navigating software tools (specifically Marketo, Docusign, Zuora, etc.)
- You have a demonstrated ability to stay organized and be detail-oriented.
- You have analytical proficiency and competence with advanced operations on spreadsheets.
- Good verbal and written communicator able to distill messages for executives/board members.
- You are able to make good decisions in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Customer Success and Product teams
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc
Please include a brief cover letter with your application! We want to know why you're applying, and what you feel you could bring to this position.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.