Director of Partnerships
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile app builder. Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for conferences, corporate meetings, university campuses, and hundreds of other use cases. Our mission is to make it simple and easy to create beautiful mobile applications.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
ABOUT THE JOB:
As the Director of Partnerships, you will be responsible for building and leading our Partnerships efforts. Guidebook has a track record of delivering market-leading mobile applications directly to clients. We now offer our technology as a Platform as a Service to other B2B SaaS companies, so they can deliver mobile apps to their clients in bulk, as part of their own product suite. By offering Guidebook-powered mobile apps to their customers, partners generate revenue, increase renewal rates, and fill gaps in their solution sets.
Reporting to our CEO, this is a unique opportunity for you to own the strategy and execution of a business line that will become a cornerstone of the company. The ideal candidate has experience building high-performing teams from scratch, either as an entrepreneur or as a leader spearheading a new initiative within an established organization. As Partnerships serve as an opportunity for Guidebook to expand into new markets and use cases, you will be working closely with our Product and Engineering organizations.
As mobile technology has become ubiquitous, there is no shortage of partnership opportunities to pursue. Ultimately, job performance will be determined by whether the individual has been able to identify, prioritize, close and manage partnerships that generate healthy, rapidly growing revenue.
Striking major partnerships will not be easy. The larger a company is, the more we can expect them to resist the idea of trusting a 3rd party to power a portion of their product offering. To be successful, you must be able to convince senior leadership at target companies that our partnership will help them achieve one or more of their highest-level business objectives.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Completely understand our technology
- Build pipeline—listing top potential partners for Guidebook, key decision makers, and a plan to establish contact
- Evolve our partnerships pitch, making it highly attractive
- Enter into early partnerships discussions with a handful of potential partners
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Build velocity in pipeline and close your first deals
- Liaise with partners and our product, engineering, and design teams to ensure a successful integration
- Train marketing, sales, and support teams at partner companies, ensuring successful launches
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Close multiple partner deals and renew existing partners
- Create and execute plans to increase the revenue being generated across all of our partnerships
- Hire additional team members to onboard new partners and manage/grow existing partners
- Gather insights alongside partners to inform the following year's partner product roadmap
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Leads from front—wants to first close deals and manage major strategic partners before hiring others to do the same
- Adaptable—comfortable creating a new business and honing processes while operating and iterating in an environment of uncertainty
- Genuine curiosity about learning new things
- Ability to challenge others' perspectives
- Ability to create and tell a compelling story
- Grit—you're prepared for rejection and understand you'll be receiving 50+ rejections for every yes
- Ownership mentality—you take responsibility for wins and losses
- Team player—you inspire internal teams to enthusiastically perform the work necessary to make our partnerships initiative a success
100% paid employee benefits: medical, dental, vision, and short + long term disability
Unlimited vacation time
Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
Make your workstation yours: desk customization (hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
Transportation benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program
Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
Convenient office located in SOMA
Reap some good karma: group volunteer events
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.