Product and Design | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
- At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
- More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
- Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
Beautiful design is what sets Guidebook apart. We see great UI and Marketing Design to be two of the cornerstones of our success. By building on this foundation of good design, the Associate Designer will allow Guidebook to continue to scale at an extraordinary pace.
- Create beautiful and engaging designs that appeal to customers and users of our apps.
- Design themes for custom apps that will be seen by millions of users, including some of the biggest and most well known brands, universities, and other establishments
- Customize promotional materials; Code and design engaging emails.
- Communicate clearly across teams and with clients to improve workflow and incorporate feedback into the design.
- Manage design projects to completion and creatively solve problems.
- You have successfully worked directly with clients and enjoy satisfying customers.
- You have a proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator and can share examples of your real-world projects.
- You are extremely organized and can handle multiple projects at one time while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and git are a plus.
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc