Customer Support Representative
Customer Support | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
ABOUT THE JOB:
CSRs are the heartbeat of Guidebook’s customer experience and are true product experts, responsible for thoroughly understanding our apps and content management system, and applying that knowledge towards our customers’ success. We’re looking for people with strong written and verbal communication skills and a passion for customer service. You should be tech-savvy and comfortable working with all clients—from the most tech-minded, forward-thinking, to the customers using a smartphone for the first time. Ultimately, we hire CSRs who are passionate about keeping clients happy and making sure they have the best service experience of their lives. (Tall order? Absolutely.)
Time management and attention to detail are second nature to you. Along with outstanding communication skills, we’re looking for someone with proficiency in corporate productivity tools (especially Excel). We want someone who appreciates the fact that great service has a direct impact on customer retention, and is interested in joining an award winning customer success team that continually pushes itself to be better and smash customer success metrics.
- Serve as front-line defense and provide technical support over phone, email, and web chat for routine client questions and concerns; escalate issues per routine protocol.
- Assist in constructing guides to be used by the sales team and for business development.
- Collate user feedback and pain points and loop these to the CSA team.
- Hone your business acumen through routine CSA mentorship meetings and shadowing.
- Apply problem solving aptitude by diving into our product, rapidly identifying and reproducing user reports, and critically proposing short-term workarounds and long-term resolutions.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
Provide technical support over phone, email, and web chat.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Collate user feedback and pain points and loop these back to the relevant teams.
- Be a technical expert, including troubleshooting on various devices and finding creative workarounds when the usual things aren’t working.
- Compose and maintain articles in our support database
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Work closely with our Customer Success Team to ensure customer retention.
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- Work to make the rest of your team better because they should be making you better too!
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Able and willing to work Pacific Time zone hours: noon - 8 pm ET Monday through Friday.
- Technical skills—you possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and are able to troubleshoot on various devices, pick up new processes, and find creative workarounds when the usual things aren’t working.
- Collaborative experience—you understand the processes of other departments, and have a track record of successful interdepartmental collaboration.
- Guidebook experience—you have built a guide and/or used our app.
- Experience with bug tracking tools (Jira, Redmine, Asana) and client management software (Zendesk, Salesforce).
- Full health benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips!
- Make your workstation yours: desk customization (hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Fancy, free lunches twice a week ordered from local restaurants of your choosing
- Transportation benefits: free downtown Raleigh parking pass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Newly expanded office located in downtown Raleigh
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Fun group/team outings like movie nights, hockey games, and BBQs
If you want to help our team do amazing things, then we want to hear from you! Please send us a cover letter and resume.