Customer Account Executive
Sales and Marketing | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
About the Job:
The Guidebook Customer Success Team is seeking a proven leader to join as a Customer Account Executive to drive renewals within our customer base. This is a new opportunity on the team reporting directly to the Vice President, Sales. This individual will work with a broad spectrum of customers to ensure a seamless renewal process and identify opportunities for customers to extend their relationship with Guidebook.
Because this is a new position, the Customer Account Executive will also have the opportunity to help develop the renewals function by defining the role and responsibilities, and shaping key processes. This position requires the ability to sell the value of Guidebook, identify upsell opportunities, negotiate and effectively manage a portfolio of customers.
- Own the renewals process for a portfolio of customers in collaboration with the Customer Success and Sales teams.
- Develop a fool-proof success plan to ensure organizational adoptions and expansion of our product.
- Close renewal business on a monthly basis, meeting or exceeding your quota.
- Develop and close new add-on sales to our existing customer base.
- Analyze usage metrics to understand how the customer is using Guidebook, including evaluating product adoption.
- Work with product management to translate business needs to product requirements and craft new solutions for customers.
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- You have 2-4 years of account management and/or sales experience from a high tech company.
- You have experience developing strategies on assigned accounts to fully leverage technology solutions.
- You have led projects from conception to closure, and have experience leveraging internal resources to get things done.
- Capacity to thrive in both a collaborative, team environment and while working independently with minimal supervision
- You know how to build trusted relationships with executive sponsors and end users.
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc