Content Marketing Manager
Sales and Marketing | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a fast-growing startup based in Palo Alto, California. Our mission is to connect people and places. Through the use of mobile technology, we allow organizations with physical presences to improve the on-site experiences offered to their visitors. Guidebook's clients include conferences, trade shows, universities, museums, community centers, and Fortune 500 companies. Creating a native application across iOS, Android, other mobile operating systems and the mobile Web is a difficult and costly endeavor, and it's only half the battle. Applications also need to be updated, to stay current with the latest mobile technology has to offer, and synced with other software products, so that the information stays fresh. Guidebook significantly lowers the human and financial capital requirements to “go mobile” and aims to power the mobile experiences for tens of millions of organizations across the world.
There is no quicker way to a customer’s heart than providing him or her with well-timed education and good advice. Companies that do a good job of making and distributing creative, informative content are way more likely to achieve their sales goals and to make customers into advocates.
How many times have you seen a YouTube video or read a blog post that inspired you to take on a new project? The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for creating, distributing, and managing great content across a variety of channels to inspire potential and existing customers to take action.
At Guidebook, you won’t be writing boring quarterly newsletters, bugging people with unwanted sales pitches, or writing blog entries that nobody reads. Content marketing is not an afterthought here -- it's central to our business goals. The ideal candidate will be able to come up with creative topics, research them thoroughly, and produce engaging pieces.
We want to use email marketing, blogging, webinars, and social media to keep Guidebook top-of-mind and to transform passive contacts into sales-ready leads who feel a strong connection with Guidebook’s mission. You will work hand-in-hand with a skilled team of ambitious professionals, including talented web and graphic designers.
- Articulate, organized communicator
- Creative, curious, and eager to learn new things
- Pragmatic with respect to marketing programs
- Able to manage projects that involve designers, developers, and freelance writers, and ensure their efficient completion
- Able to analytically assess your efforts – don’t worry, we have all the tools you will need, but it will help if you’re not terrified of numbers
Qualifications: We are looking for someone who can draw on their past experience to jump right in and make contributions in key areas like email marketing, webinars, and blogging. Because the responsibilities are broad, a candidate does not necessarily need to meet every qualification listed below.
- 2 to 5 years (Why is it never 3 to 6 years?) of experience in content marketing or external communications
- Working knowledge of email marketing techniques
- Ability to plan and execute a webinar
- Blogging experience (professional or personal)
- Familiarity with Marketo or another marketing automation solution is a plus
- Experience using Google Analytics to track web activity is a plus