Content Marketing Associate
Sales and Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on the challenge!
ABOUT THE JOB:
Guidebook is seeking an experienced and driven Content Marketing Associate to support our marketing team. The ideal candidate will have experience writing engaging short form and long form content geared to both B2B and B2C audiences, working with marketing teams to support demand generation. You’ll be a key member of the marketing team and will have opportunity to develop our creative strategy for our product, which services a wide variety of verticals. We are looking for somebody who is passionate about writing and driven to help us produce excellent material about how Guidebook can be used to connect people to places through mobile technology.
You’re data-driven, motivated by the performance of your content, and excited about converting Guidebook’s brand into copy that motivates prospects to turn into customers. Key competencies for this role include experience with Wordpress and Google Analytics. We’re looking for a strategic thinker and collaborator with a track record of working collaboratively with other members of the marketing team as needed to provide stellar content for our customers and sales teams.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Get up to speed on our product offerings and sales verticals (enterprise, corporate/SMB, and education).
- Learn about our systems and reporting capabilities.
- Partner with our Marketing designer to create graphics for content needs.
- Create compelling content across multiple platforms that effectively communicates Guidebook’s brand, value proposition, and position as the easiest tool to use to create and manage mobile apps.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Regularly produce original work to the blog, social channels and other content such as eBooks, white papers, infographics and best practice guides in support of Demand Gen Campaigns
- Track community engagement on all channels and monitor top industry blogs and media outlets to stay on top of industry trends.
- Work against established KPIs and track its performance/success. Measure and report on the effectiveness of all content marketing efforts, factoring in any key findings to continually fine-tune the editorial calendar and identify fresh, engaging tactics.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Influence content strategy with the Marketing Campaigns Manager by working with marketing, sales, and product teams to identify and fulfill content needs for all phases of the campaign lifecycle, buyer’s journey, and brainstorming sessions.
- Work to make the rest of your team better because they should be making you better too!
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 1-2 years experience in a content role, ideally working with marketing teams
- A strong portfolio of original writing, preferably both B2B and B2C
- Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, or comparable tools
- Experience with SEO is desired, from implementation of on-page SEO best practices to creating content around highly-trafficked SEO terms
- Experience with A/B testing and helping construct marketing campaigns
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Make your workstation yours: Desk customization (fancy hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free, unlimited Caltrain GoPass
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through Fond
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events