Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Guidebook is seeking an AP/AR Accountant to join the Accounting and Finance Team. This individual will work with both our customers and internal team to ensure receipts and payments are collected on a timely basis and recorded appropriately, as well as help maintain our books for monthly closes. This position requires a basic understanding of accounting concepts, functional knowledge of Excel, and an interest in gaining a better understanding of internal and technical accounting.
Accounts Receivable – Collect payments, track outstanding receivables, and serve as a primary point of contact for questions and payment processing.
Accounts Payable – Record and pay bills and expense reports, ensuring the expenses are approved and comply with company policies.
Assisting in Month End – Prepare Journal Entries at month end for expenses and assist in preparation of various reconciliations and schedules for monthly close
Miscellaneous Reporting & Analysis – other reporting and tracking projects as needed.
A successful candidate for this position will work to make these processes as efficient, painless, and infallible as humanly possible.
This employee will be critical to Guidebook’s success. We can’t function as a company and continue to grow without being able to effectively manage the money going in and out of the organization, which is where you come in!
We are looking for:
- You have 1 to 2 years of experience working in accounts receivable, accounts payable, and/or bookkeeping
- You have excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- You have strong oral and written communication skills
- You are passionate about joining a startup with tons of growth opportunity
- You are able to make accurate and logical decisions in ambiguous situations
- You have a working knowledge of NetSuite
- You have exceptional quantitative and spreadsheet skills
Other Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- Proactive, organized, and detail-oriented self-starter
- Hands-on problem solver with the ability to work independently and adapt to changes quickly
- High-energy team player
- Entrepreneurial and competitive
- Most important… a sense of humor
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time!
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe!
- Make your workstation yours: Desk customization (fancy hydraulic standing desks; docks/stands; keyboards; whatever else you need to be productive)
- Fully stocked kitchens with every snack and drink your heart desires
- Fancy, Free lunches twice a week through MyEatClub.com
- Transportation Benefits: Clipper Card tax benefit program and a free Caltrain GoPass so you can ride the Caltrain an unlimited number of times!
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Great office space in SOMA
- Discounted gym memberships through AnyPerk!
- Reap some good karma: Group Volunteer Events
If you want to help our team do amazing things, then we want to hear from you! Please send us a cover letter and resume.