Finance | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
This job is ideal for someone who loves to organize, make other peoples’ lives easier, and wants to build a career in accounting and finance. Because this job is at a fast-growing startup, you will be given a unique opportunity to see a wider variety of accounting functions than most people in entry-level accounting roles at larger companies. You will also have the flexibility to improve processes/functions in our finance department and your voice in the company will be taken seriously (most likely implemented as well).
You will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day accounting functions including, but not limited to:
- Accounts Receivable – Invoicing customers, collecting payments, and serving as their main point of contact for questions and payment processing.
- Accounts Payable – Recording and paying all of our bills, while simultaneously ensuring the expenses are approved and comply with company policies.
- Expense Reports – Reviewing and approving all employee expense reports.
- Assisting in Month End – Monitoring prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and categorize expenses by department, so we know exactly what we are spending, and where it’s being spent.
- Miscellaneous Reporting & Analysis – Tracking tradeshow ROI, revenue and sales from our foreign subsidiaries, along with other projects.
A successful candidate for this position will work to make these processes as efficient, painless, and infallible as humanly possible.
Every single thing this person does will be absolutely critical to Guidebook’s success. We can’t function as a company and continue to grow without being able to effectively manage the money going in and out of the organization, which is where you come in!
We are looking for:
- You have studied or worked in finance/accounting and you are passionate about joining a startup with tons of growth opportunity
- You are proactive, organized and a detail-oriented self starter with the ability to learn and adapt to changes quickly
- You have solid quantitative and spreadsheet skills
- You have strong oral and written communication skills (you will be spending a lot of time on the phone with clients)
- You are able to make accurate and logical decisions in ambiguous situations
- You have 1 to 2 years of experience working in accounts receivable, accounts payable, or bookkeeping
- You know Zuora and QuickBooks Online inside out.
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Free lunches on Tuesday and Thursday (you get to choose from myeatclub.com's pre-selected menu)
- Customize your workstation - whatever you need to be able to work more efficiently, we will provide - within reason!
- Game night twice per month
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe/Yosemite trips, movie nights, BBQ's, etc.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you want to help our team do amazing things, then we want to hear from you! Please send us a cover letter and resume.