Account Manager, EDU
Sales and Marketing | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
Our EDU Account Manager will ensure that our higher education clients are happy and receiving the greatest value from our solutions. You will manage a portfolio of 25+ clients, developing and nurturing superior relationships by acting as a trusted resource, and proactively reaching out to ensure that these accounts are meeting their goals. You will keep a pulse on customer satisfaction, and ensure that Guidebook is delivering what the client needs. As this is a new role at Guidebook, you will be expected to work closely with the different teams (Customer Success, Sales, and EDU) to define the role and responsibilities and shape key processes.
Success in this role will be defined by retention, renewals, and the measurable success of clients (download rates, adoption, willingness to be referrals, etc).
- Ensure that the product is being successfully applied and adopted after the point-of-sale, through onboarding and the rest of the customer life cycle
- Seek out new opportunities and ways to expand the product's reach within assigned account
- Drive, measure, analyze, and report client performance against key metrics
- Explore and uncover the business needs of our EDU clients, and clearly articulate how our products and services can address their needs
- Proactively ask for client feedback and collaborate with the product and development teams to address issues and improve features
- Work cross-functionally to develop promotional materials, training materials, processes, and automations to increase client success
- You have a degree from a 4 year college or university.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a client-facing role in a high tech company, preferably in an account management role.
- You have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- You have excellent time management, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task skills
- You have critical thinking skills paired with an interest in data, analytics, and the technical aspects of our product
- You have a proven ability to lead projects from conception to closure, and to create and execute new strategies with minimal supervision
- You have a passion for building great client relationships, providing them a mix of technical expertise, great customer service, and strategic recommendations
You have previous experience in a higher education environment (student leader, school administration, EdTech product, etc.)
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc