Account Executive (Raleigh/East Coast Remote)
Sales | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps, with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom event—but it doesn’t stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebook’s simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where there’s a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobile—come join us on our mission!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Guidebook team is seeking a confident, driven Account Executive to join our team. This individual will define and develop our sales process to sell mobile application technology for events, places, employee handbooks, sales enablement materials, and other scenarios where content can be digitally distributed to a specific audience. Our technology is in the hands of millions of people each year, and you will be the key driver of revenue growth for the company.
As an Account Executive, you are on the front lines for evangelizing our product and brand to customers, so it is vital that you have clear, succinct communications skills - and a proven track record of performance in a previous quota-carrying sales role. You should have previous experience selling high in an organization and are nervous about selling to just one influencer; you have experience expanding the stakeholder group in the buying organization to increase the value of the initial deal. Previous experience sourcing leads, creating outbound campaigns, producing pitch slides, and winning net new business is preferred. You should be creative and have proven you can increase the average order value through multiple methods.
Reporting into the VP of Sales and collaborating with our CEO, this is a chance to work alongside driven sales leaders to help shape our sales strategy in this next phase of our growth. With our flexible and world-class product, the opportunity is large and the fields are green. Ultimately, we need Account Executives who will take initiative, learn our product quickly and thoroughly, and bring a positive attitude to work each day.
Key competencies for this role include Salesforce.com CRM experience, and Outreach.io (or another sales automation tool).
- Guidebook has teams in San Francisco (California), Raleigh (North Carolina), London (United Kingdom), and Seoul (South Korea)
- We are determined to find the absolute best candidate for this role, and have adapted our business to hire flexibly
- This role would be a great fit for anyone based in Raleigh, or working remotely on the East Coast
- You will interact daily with colleagues in London, Raleigh, and San Francisco!
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Learn the details of the Guidebook content management system and subsequent front-end app, messaging, and sales process while taking on new potential customers and demos.
- Prospect, develop, and close new Guidebook customers in a range of verticals.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Sell the Guidebook vision to prospects through product demonstrations and target-specific initiatives.
- Work with the Customer Success team to ensure a smooth and successful customer handoff process.
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for defined verticals and utilize Salesforce.com to manage your pipeline, stay organized, forecast sales activity on a weekly basis, and process contracts.
- Implement your own outbound strategies, from sourcing, to email copy and cold calls, bringing your learnings to the team with the intention to help iterate the outbound sales process as a whole
- Work with product management to translate business needs to product requirements and craft new solutions for customers.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Identify and implement process improvements to scale the role.
- Work to make the rest of your team better because they should be making you better too!
Other Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years experience in a high volume, quota carrying, sales role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creating and assessing reports in Salesforce.com
- Outreach.io skills, including Templates, Snippets, Sequences
- SaaS specific sales acumen
- Inside and outside sales experience
- Experience selling to a range of prospects (vertical, region, seniority, etc)
- Representing the product in-person via trade shows, presentations and lectures
- Working knowledge of macOS and Google Apps suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc)
- Sales training is bonus, such as Miller Heiman or other sales training methodology targeted at Enterprise sales
- Full health benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation time
- Awesome company retreats (post-Covid!) and virtual hangouts
- Make your workstation yours: we provide you with supplies to have an incredible work from home setup (and, once we’re back in office, the ability to customize your workstation)
- Stock options
- Fun group/team outings like movie nights, games, and BBQ’s (as soon as we can!)
If you want to help our team do amazing things, then we want to hear from you! Please send us a cover letter and resume.