Sales and Marketing | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
At Guidebook, we don’t think it should be expensive or difficult for organizations to connect with their audiences on their mobile devices.
More and more people are relying on their smartphones and tablets for information about what’s going on, and how to get the most out of the experience once they get there. Forward-thinking organizations have realized this, and are trying to make the transition, but it can be a daunting task to create an app from scratch.
Guidebook makes it simple and inexpensive to go mobile. Come join us in the challenge!
Come be one of the charter members of our sales team, defining and developing our sales process to sell mobile application technology for events and places. Our technology is literally in the hands of millions of people each year. The market is HUGE. You will be the key driver of revenue growth for the company, and are on the front lines for evangelizing our product and brand to prospects and customers.
As an Account Executive you will succeed by delivering revenue against monthly, quarterly and annual goals through new business sales of the Guidebook's platform
- During the first 30 days you will learn about the business, the team and Guidebook’s platform and products and associated tools (e.g. Sfdc) to enable success in your role.
- During the first 60 days you will make discovery calls and confirm meetings with key decision makers that are qualified and will generate revenue. Conduct 5+ online meetings and demo's a week and present solutions to key decision maker(s) with the view of closing business in line with and/or exceed your quarterly quota.
- By the end of 60 days you will have a clear understanding and be able to effectively communicate Guidebook's value proposition, the elevator pitch and understand how we will make organizations more successful.
- After 90 days you will have a pipeline of opportunities and ability to drive a high volume of sales by managing the complete sales process. You will work closely with Customer Success and Support teams to ensure Guidebook customer satisfaction
- After 12 months you will have delivered/exceeded against your annual revenue targets
- You have a strong track record of performance in a previous quota-carrying sales role, preferably for a technology company.
- You have an intrinsic drive to be successful. We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take initiative to “figure it out” and take ownership to be successful in the role.
- You have the technical expertise to be able to demonstrate the product and explain the business and economic benefits - our product is meant to be used by business people, so we need to be able to show them how business people (like you, the AE) can use the product. This requires a level of technical depth and understanding.
- You are a clear, succinct communicator. The best technical sales people communicate points clearly and succinctly, with an economy of words. They focus on using the vocabulary of their customer to help that prospect envision using and getting value from the product.
- You have a competitive nature in some field (e.g. athletics, chess, whatever)
- New offices in downtown Palo Alto and SOMA (take your pick of which office you want to work out of). Both are within a short walk to Caltrain.
- Free CalTrain GoPass - unlimited Caltrain rides
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Discount gym membership
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Game night twice per month.
- Bagel Mondays and Froyo Thursdays in the Palo Alto office weekly
- In office yoga in the SF office twice a month on Fridays (1st and 3rd Friday)
- Standing hydraulic desks
- Group/Team outings like Tahoe trip, movie nights, bbq's, etc