Sr. Front End Developer
Technology Team | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
Groove Commerce is a Baltimore based interactive agency with a focus on driving revenue online for our clients. We are a two time SmartCEO Future 50 winner and a award winning Magento Gold Solution Partner. We offer a great culture, and were voted one of Baltimore's best places to work.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Senior Front End Developer who is passionate about css, jquery and the latest web technologies. You bring the desire and willingness to push your skills and those around you to the next level.
The right person will be down with the latest web design standards and be able to develop themes for css driven sites. You will be working on websites that get significant traffic and exposure - and regularly be challenged to push your skills. This is a high growth, high reward opportunity for the right individual.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Review designs and document front end technical specifications
- Provide time estimates for the implementation of features/functionality
Follow common web standards and development methodologies
Research and recommend new technology to enhance user experience
Work closely with our backend developers to ensure the integrity of the UI throughout the development lifecycle
Perform testing at the page & source for presentation layer defects
QUALIFICATIONS / ABILITIES:
- 3+ Years Work Experience in Web Interface Development
- Experience in a Cross Browser Implementation
- Knowledgeable of the most current UI, web 2.0 trends and best practices
- Must be comfortable using Photoshop for image optimization
- Excellent written communication skills and expectation management
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented approach to work
- The ability to work in an open, collaborative environment
- Experience developing user interfaces for mobile applications is a strong plus
- Previous use of Subversion or GIT
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience with Drupal, Wordpress orMagento
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit your resume, a cover letter containg code samples of your html/css/jquery work and LinkedIn profile at the link below!
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
No one outside US need apply.