SEO Content Writer
Marketing Team | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
Groove Commerce is a Baltimore based marketing agency with a focus on driving online results for our clients. We are an award winning agency and recently made the INC5000 list for being one of America's fasted growing companies. We offer a great culture, and were voted one of Baltimore's best places to work.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic SEO Content Writer who is passionate about both online marketing and the english language. As an SEO Content Writer, you will act as "the voice" of our client's sites by writing web copy that aligns with their branding and marketing efforts.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Researching trending topics within our clients industries
- Optimizing the copy on clients websites including page titles, headlines, alt text and internal links
- Writing SEO friendly content for new web pages
- Ongoing blog writing and posting
- Author and post press releases, eBooks, case studies and white papers
- Writing updates for social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the clients buying personas and tone of voice while writing copy
- Edit and optimize content written provided by other writers
QUALIFICATIONS / ABILITIES:
The candidate must have demonstrated writing experience, professional and/or academic. Ideally, the candidate will have one to two years of experience writing for a web-based audience as well as a working knowledge of search engine optimization best practices and how they apply to content marketing.
- 2+ Years Work Experience in Online Marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism or eBusiness
- Analytical and detail-oriented approach to work
- The ability to work in an open, collaborative environment
- Have extreme attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Must become Google Analytics and Hubspot certified within first 90 days
- Knowledge of basic HTML
- Experience with Wordpress, Magento or Hubspot
- Google Analytics or AdWords Certified
- Market Motive Graduate
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit your resume with cover letter and LinkedIn profile at the link below!
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
No one outside US need apply. Baltimore/Washington area candidates only. EOE