Director of Technology
Technology Team | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
Groove Commerce is a Baltimore based Interactive agency with a focus on eCommerce. We are a two time SmartCEO Future 50 winner and an award-winning Magento Gold Partner. We offer competitive wages, tons of benefits, bonuses, and were voted one of Baltimore’s best places to work.
We are looking for a smart, forward thinking Director of Technology to join us in our office location in Downtown Baltimore.
The right person will be knowledgeable with web technologies such as PHP, LAMP, Zend and familiar with Object Oriented Programming. You will be able to architect and then lead team to build the solutions our clients propose. You will be working on websites that get significant traffic and exposure - and regularly be challenged to push your skills.
You will engage directly with the CEO to set the technology direction of the organization, yet still have opportunity to get your hands dirty.
This is a high growth, high reward opportunity for the right individual as the career path leads to CTO within the next 12-18 months.
- Oversee development of improved website environment through implementation of industry best practices to achieve better results
- Establish and implement operational controls and best practice deployment strategies
- Organize eCommerce projects by defining project purpose, scope, resource allocation
- Establish clear objectives and provide vision for the overall customer experience from a technology standpoint
- Manage dedicated team of cross-functional web developers, analysts and project managers
- Identify opportunities for new client features and optimizations
- Facilitate internal team training with and support with clients.
- Engage directly with Groove's CEO to develop forward thinking programs
- 8+ Years industry experience
- Deep knowledege and understanding of PHP and LAMP
- Ability to lead a team of eCommerce Developers and Analysts
- Excellent written communication skills and expectation management
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented approach to work
- The ability to work in an open, collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university
Ready to Groove?
If you think you rock, we’re ready to meet you... No one outside US need apply.